Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

***Simple Woman's Daybook***

For Today: March 6th, 2011
Outside my window..... cold, dark, windy and veeerrryyy rainy. It's just been pouring down a cold, cold rain all day. Unfortunately we were in and out all day. It's good to finally be all snug in the house for the night.
I am hearing..... the heater running, clothes dryer was running but the buzzer just buzzed telling me the load is finished (that's gonna hafta sit till tomorrow), and the wind howling outside once in a while....
I am wearing.... plaid flannel jammie pants, and a green long sleeved T, my hair is up in a ponytail and I took my contacts out so I'm wearing my glasses
I am thinking..... that we will do a Mardi Gras Teatime this Tuesday. Just something low key with mask-making and music and maybe even some dancing. And of course eating some junk food before Lent begins the next day. I love Hostess Ding Dongs!
I am hoping.....to get up to see my dad and his wife soon. Been trying to make this happen for a couple of weeks now, but illnesses and weather keep getting in the way.
From the kitchen..... the usual.......And Ding Dongs for Mardi Gras!
The liturgical year..... Ash Wednesday is this Wednesday, so we will go to Mass in the morning and begin our sacrifices. Everyone has been really thinking about these for the past week or two. I think we've all made up our minds. I am really looking forward to Lent. The kids think I'm nuts. I'll try to explain why I feel this way in another post. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
Later this week.....Taylor's birthday is Saturday! My baby will be 15! What?! And she is planning a sweet little party that I'll have to explain later. It's very thoughtful.
Also, we have karate for Sky, Girls Club for Sky and Alexa and PreSchool Group for Evan
Looking forward to.....Lent, Taylor's Birthday, seeing my dad and his wife, Spring....
From the schoolroom..... need to order tests. We are moving right along and beginning to see the end in sight. Some books have already been finished for the year. Alexa's Tour A Country is coming along nicely.
The Month of March..... Lent begins, Taylor's Birthday, Saint Patrick's Day, our "legal" wedding anniversary (long story), Sky has to help with Lenten soup supper at church, (and she volunteered to be a reader at Stations of the cross this week!), Spring begins!,
A picture thought I am sharing....
(Daddy and Evan played a little "Go Fish" tonight. Evan won fair and square.)

Hope you have a wonderful week ahead! We started seeing the robins in our yard last week, and many buds on trees and plants breaking through the ground. Spring is coming!

TTFN

~Tina




1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

Love these, Tina! So much info in very little space! Too much thinking for me though - lol!! I still owe you the Grandma Book - not finished yet. I hope to see pics in my email of Tay's party since I'm not on fb for Lent. Looking forward to your next "Daybook" entry! LYAB!!