Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Little Chef

We did a little baking yesterday. I'm pretty tired of Winter but one thing I don't mind about this season is the comfort foods. Evan and I made some muffins yesterday afternoon.

yes....we use a boxed mix

If I waited until I was in the mood (or had all the ingredients) to bake from scratch, this poor boy might be baking by Christmas ......but even that's not a definite.
So we keep some yummy ready-to-bake mixes handy for times like these.
Evan doesn't seem to mind. :) He still gets to pour and mix.

and scoop out the batter....


and enjoy some time with mommy (my favorite part).
Not to mention being taste-testers....the bakers must always sample their "creations" (I know, it was from a box, so I use that term loosely).

He liked them.....really liked them.....a lot.

Making muffins with Evan warmed up the house and made it smell so good. The smell reached upstairs where the girls were playing and they came a-runnin'.
When one person makes something yummy, everyone in the house gets a little surprise in their day.
Well, I need to clean today, so I'm off. Have a great weekend everyone! And hang in there....Spring is just around the corner.
At least that's what I keep telling myself. ;)
TTFN
~Tina

1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

Those muffins do look yummy! What a great chef you have there! Way to go, Evan! Love you all!