Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Some Days Are Just Like This

The 3 youngest kids have been sick. Nothing major, just bad colds. And so we haven't been able to do the activities that we usually do that get us out of the house. I had planned apple picking for earlier this week, but that obviously didn't happen either. And it's been raining since yesterday and is expected to rain, and be cold for the next couple of days. Yuck. We are a little stir crazy. And the past few nights, I've been getting less sleep because Evan hasn't been sleeping well due to his cold.

So today I was a crab. Really. I wasn't yelling like crazy, just irritated...... a lot. My poor kids put up with me so well today. They were agreeable, even when I was griping at them. They saw the "signs" that this was not the day to give mommy a hard time. Looking back, I feel for them. But all I can do is say I'm sorry and try to be a better mommy tomorrow. And I will be.

They are the most important people in my life and deserve better from me. I love them all so much.

TTFN
~Tina

1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

Hope your days are getting better! We've all been there with the Mommy thing. We all just keep trying - that's all anyone can do. Remember, you are "the bestest Mommy ever!" and always will be esp to your children. LYAB