Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Skylar!

Today, our Smileygirl turned 10! No more single digits for her! Skylar has always been a smiley girl. Ever since she was a little baby, she would light up the room with her contagous smile. And I've watched her go through some very difficult things (blood draws, surgery, stomach viruses). She rarely complains and she always comes out with a smile.



She has a love for all of God's creations, from the smallest bug to the largest tree. She is a very "go green" kind of girl. She keeps our family in check with conserving energy and water. And John and I both feel that she is going to do big things for this planet some day.






Skylar has such a genuine concern for the feelings of others. She would sacrifice just about anything to make someone else happy. She is affectionate, loving and gentle. She will give endless hugs and kisses all day. She can be tough, though. Especially when it comes to defending her family or friends. Skylar is very loyal. I admire her inner strength and gentle nature.

Skylar you are my sweet Smileygirl and I'm so proud to be your mom!
Happy Birthday!
I love you tons!
~mom

1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

Thanks for sharing, Teen! I love the pics! Happy 10th double digit Birthday, Sky!! Love you bunches!! And your EYES are even smiling in that last picture at the table!! You are such a sweetie! Your mother did very well in describing you - I concur!!
I know you had a great party! Hope you are feeling better from your cold now - at least it waited until after your party. Love you all!