Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

~~*HANDMADE CHRISTMAS*~~ Felt Play Food

I recently posted about how I hope to make as many gifts as possible this Christmas. I should have started months ago. Well, actually I did, but then stopped........for a long, long time. I started back up again in early November, but still have so much to do.


I began earlier this month, with a new project, something I've never attempted before......felt food. The first batch is actually for my niece's birthday. I was supposed to go to her BD party in PA a few weeks ago, but things didn't work out like we planned. So I knew I'd have to mail her gift. Then more ideas kept popping into my head. So she still hasn't received her BD gift (so sorry, Kyra). But that's because I came up with a few things to add that I really think she'll like.
Oh, and after seeing all of these things I'm creating for her cousin, Alexa has now requested them for Christmas, too. She doesn't know that some of what she's seeing will be hers. Shhh.
This first one is for Kyra. I'll make one for Alexa, too. I love the fact that you can put the toppings on the pizza, and take them off again. I'll think they'll enjoy pretending that way.




The cheese and sauce are sewn on, but the rest of the toppings are removable. So fun!


There are onions, green peppers, and pepperoni. Mmmmm. Yummy. I wrapped it in cellophane on a cardboard circle (kind of like you'd get a frozen pizza from a box).
I also made Kyra a breakfast tray. I bought an unfinished tray at the craft store, put a doily on it, and filled it with....
bacon,
an egg,
and pancakes with syrup with butter,

And it's all wrapped up and ready for Kyra.

Then I made this cheeseburger, fries and cookies "bag lunch" for Alexa.

Taylor made the "Mrs. Felt's" cookie bag for me to put the chocolate chip cookies in. And the cheeseburger can be put together like the pizza.....lots of parts to the sandwich make it more fun to play with, I think.
I am working on chinese take-out food for Kyra and Alexa and a teatime tray for Kyra. I'll try to post pics of those, once they are completed.



Creating felt food is so addictive! I don't use a machine. Everything is sewn by hand, so I can sit and watch a movie after the kids are in bed, as I sew. I also don't us patterns (I'm such a rebel). I just see something I think the children would enjoy playing with, and attempt it. Most of the time it works out, but sometimes it doesn't. Well, what you think? Mind you, these are first attempts, so be nice to me.

How are your Christmas crafts coming?
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!
TTFN
~Tina

6 comments:

Grandma Jo said...

So cute, Tina! How real they look - and how much work you must put into them to make them look so real. I think Kyra will just love them!! She'll especially love the ones you "make" yourself like the hamburger and pizza! You are a special Aunt and Godmother?(I'm losing track with so many grandchidren - but I love it!)!Love you all!

molly said...

These are wonderful, may I steal your ideas!

Renee said...

Tina! These are spectacular!!!! What lovely "foods" to grace your children's kitchen adventures. You are something else. What don't you do? LOL Love this post! God Bless!

Marilyn said...

Wow - these are awesome! I shall ask for help from you when I (hopefully) do my handmade thing next year.

Tina said...

Mom~ Thanks and yes, I'm Kyra's godmother ;) I think she'll like them, too. She's always liked playing with her kitchen. I wish I could give them to her in person.

Molly~ Thank you and of course you may feel free to create some for yourself. Watch out, though, it's addicting!

Renee~ Thanks so much! You are just too kind! I'm really hoping the children enjoy playing with these. I think I might just have to join them ;)

Marilyn~ Thank you! I'll gladly help you when the time comes! Though I am far from an expert ;)

Donna said...

These are just great - such nice work!