Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

Recycling Craft #1 (for Teatime)

After cleaning out my food storage cabinet, these lids were left, with no matching containers (how does that happen?). So being in a creative mood, I decided to find a use for them.
Some of the larger ones needed to be trimmed down, then I put a hole in the top of each, to give them a way to be hung up.My mind immediately turned to our Teatimes. We will be starting those back up again really soon and I need some new ideas of what to do with the holy cards that represent the day we are celebrating. So here are some things I've come up with.....



This one is green, which led me to think of St. Patrick, and the Holy Trinity. So I cut out a shamrock out of gold paper, then cut the Holy Trinity holy card to fit. I didn't glue this in place because it might be a craft for one of my children to do in the future, but I'm sure you can see how this would look.

I decided to paint this one. If I wanted to hang it in the window, I would have watered down the paint to make it more irridescent, so the light could shine beautiful colors into the room. I decided paint a thick, rich color on this one.
Then I placed the trimmed holy card onto the center.This last one looked so nice as it was, I just let it go. It could be hung in a window to let the light shine in around the image.
Many types of lids would work for this craft. Although I didn't show any in my photos, a lovely ribbon tied on the top could really dress this up. But you don't have to put a hole in the top and tie it, either. You could put a magnet on the back and put it on the fridge. These would be lovely, too, if imbellished with gems, or simple cross, star or heart stickers.

I think I'll keep saving these in a box with my Teatime craft supplies. My girls are usually "game" for any craft.....especially ones that involve paint.

TTFN
~Tina

1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

VERY clever of you - and recycle thoughtful, but I'm eagerly awaiting vacation photos! These are intersting ideas. Have a great day! Love you all!