Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2008

What We're Up To

I haven't been on here much, lately. There is a good reason for that. A couple of reasons, actually. We're sick, and we're busy.

In my last post, I mentioned that we all have bad colds. We still have those bad colds, but the symptoms are lessening. But it has kept us all at home this week. Even John took off two days of work and when he tried to go in yesterday, they sent him home to VPN in. The staying at home part I haven't minded. I can be a bit of a "homebody". The children are still getting some fresh air (when they feel up to it). John took Alexa and Evan outside to play in the yard yesterday. They ended up going for a walk, too. And Skylar checks and waters her pumpkins daily. Taylor is getting her needed rest and working on some projects. I am still planning.....and planning....and planning. Oh, and organizing. I will post some details about that in the near future.

I am finally seeing some progress in the organizing of our Learning Room. I'm working on arranging charts, a map, a timeline and a Liturgical Year poster on the wall of this room, now. The laundry is almost caught up and the Toddler Bags will be finished this morning. My lesson plans are coming together nicely, but slower than I had hoped, partly due to all the illnesses we've had this summer. I signed the girls up for their activities that will begin in September. And we are looking forward to beginning a new school year with our co-op. I planned September's field trip for our home school group, too. We still have much to do before we start our new school year......like a trip to the dentist for me (ugh) and haircuts for all! Oh and that vacation we are supposed to take. It's still up in the air, depending on how we all feel by then.

So that's what's been going on around here, lately. How's your summer been? Are you ready for a new school year? Maybe you've already started? Whatever you are up to, I hope you enjoy your weekend!

TTFN
~Tina

1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

Glad to hear your colds are not keeping you totally down - but they can make you feel miserable at times esp in the summer. Sooooo glad to hear you are going to the dentist - I am your mother and wanted to hear you are taking care of that no matter how scary! Ter is going through the same thing! You will be fine and do great - and it's better to do it sooner than later. Your teeth will only get worse. I will say a prayer for you because I know how you hate it. Just let me know when you are going. Hope everyone is feeling better and that you get to take your vacation - even a toned down one with some rest included. Love you all!