Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summer Cleanup Part 1 (continued)

We got back to work in the girls room today. Not as intense as yesterday, but we finished up the problem areas I pointed out in the previous post. The first thing I did was sort the clothes in their drawers (what fits? what needs given away or handed down? etc.). The girls share one dresser~2 drawers each, so it's important I keep up with this, or it can easily get out of hand.

The next thing to tackle was this. It holds misc. toys and activity sets. This is the before picture....

And this is the after....The girls' closet holds clothes that need to be hung up or simply don't fit in their dresser. The top shelf holds some memory boxes and baby books, along with each girls suitcase. Their shoes are on the bottom of the closet on the right and their backpacks are kept there too (tucked around the corner). Then we also have dressup clothes in the round, green bin including these playsilks that the girls got for Christmas (LOVE them). And then, of course is the dollhouse. They just open the doors of the closet to play with it.
So here is the before picture of the closet....

And this is the after ....

I basically just packed clothes away for winter or to pass down to a sibling or cousin. Then arranged the clothes by item (Sky's clothes on the left, Alexa's on the right). And I reorganized the shoes and took everything on the floor out and vaccuumed the inside.
Here's a closeup of the shelves before....

And after....

And one little handy dandy tip~I put this large gift bag on the door of their room during the whole cleaning process. It was for things we wanted to keep but belong somewhere else in the house. Every time I came across an item that did not belong in their room, I dropped it in the bag. I think it was a real time-saver. The items can be delivered to their proper spot later.

Well, that wraps it up for today's Simple Summer Fling cleanup. I hope you are enjoying your summer. I plan on continuing this major house cleanup next week. I'll be happy if I work on these purging and cleaning projects 2 days a week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

TTFN

~Tina

1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

Good job, again, Tina and girls! I'm sure the room looks great when you see it all at once and each little step you took led to that! I like the "gift bag on the door knob" idea for things belonging in other places. By visiting the "Simple Summer Fling" website, I see many of the women with many chilren like to do this and know they need to but they still have time to put a message on the blog!! That's amazing - but it's good because they support each other. Great job to all of them! Good luck with more of this throughout your summer! Love to all!