Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2008

They're Back

And the girls couldn't be happier about it. The caterpillars (AKA tentworms) have come back with a vengence. They are all over the place.

I haven't spotted them on any of our trees, thank goodness. Taylor saw them on a neighbor's tree, though. My girls and their friends love these critters. We had 2 friends over on Friday and this whole group of 5 girls went to work making habitats for our new fuzzy friends.

Even the princess was thrilled to have a couple "pets" of her own. Although she was freaked out when one of them peed on her (that's my girl!).
It was nice to see the girls work together on something like this. I love to watch the kids enjoy God's creation. Even if they creep me out a bit.

TTFN

~Tina

1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Not for me. But I'm sure a great science lesson for the girls and if the girls are really into it, you can search the web and find out much about tent worms and the different kinds and if you do get them in your trees, how to get rid of them - feed them to the birds? Ughhhhhhhhhhh, again! The girls won't like that since they consider them "pets." Check out www.archive.org/details/ColoradoTentWorms to see a video of tent worms building the first layer of a tent! You can also just check out all the sites yourself by googling. I googled to see if I could find a reason why the girls shouldn't be playing with them - I thought I heard that somehwere previously but maybe it was regular caterpillars. I couldn't find anything although I didn't check every site. Hopefully it's not a problem. Have a great day! Love you all!