Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Tea and Cupcakes for the Ascension

Our teatime this week was on Ascension Thursday. We had yummy chocolate cupcakes from Giant (I needed more mini greenhouses). And we read about the Ascension from the Children's Bible and the younger girls did their children's bulletins from G-ma.
They also painted! My girls LOVE to paint! Really, what child doesn't? They painted cloud backgrounds and put a holy card of the Ascension on the paper.
Each girl created a beautiful sky picture, and yet they were all totally different!

By the way, in Science, S and A are learning about weather and today's lesson was on clouds (how cool is that?!). They did notebook pages on different types of clouds. I'll give the details in my next post.
And Skylar did this week's "stained glass". She did a beautiful job!
It looks lovely next to the others!

I hope to post plans for next week's teatime sometime this weekend. And at some point I want to describe how our teatimes "work".

TTFN
~Tina

1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

One of these times, I'm going to be there for tea time! But I still don't know how you find time to plan for them and then have them. I know you make them one of your priorities. The cloud paintings are beautiful! Kyra loves to paint, too. We did that last Friday but it wasn't clouds - it was My Little Ponies! Tell Sky her stained glass picture is so colorful and just beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Love you all!