Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I have been seeing this post on many of the blogs I frequent and have enjoyed reading the entries. So finally I just had to see what it's all about. It is a wonderful way to take a moment at the start of your week to reflect on your day, your life. Here goes....this is my first
entry in my Simple Woman's Daybook.
If you want to join in the fun go here to get started.
FOR TODAY May 19, 2008


Outside My Window...it is very dark because it is late. My children are in bed and I now finally have time to be on the computer.



I am thinking...about my sister's father-in-law. He is in the ICU and in very critical condition. He and his family have filled our thoughts today and we have been praying hard and waiting for news.



I am thankful for...my oldest daughter taking the time to read stories to her younger sisters tonight. It put them in a pleasant, relaxed mood for drifting off to sleep.



From the kitchen...all is quiet. The dinner dishes are loaded in the dishwasher and the counters have been wiped down. Although I believe my husband has to head back in there for his evening snack.



I am wearing...very soft grey sweatpants, a brown polo and white ankle socks. I also have removed my contact lenses for the day, so I'm wearing my glasses.



I am creating...plans......so many plans for the rest of this school year, and next school year, too. And for summer vacation, and activities. And plans for clubs I hope to coordinate next year. It's so hard to settle my restless mind.



I am going...to try to get to bed at a decent hour. I am a night owl. I always have been. But my little guy isn't, so we'll be up bright and early no matter what time I go to bed.



I am reading...many different books on the Montessori methods for teaching my young son next year.



I am hoping...that something grows successfully from our garden. This is our first crack at a vegetable garden and I do hope something comes of it. I am also hoping I can figure out how to "permalink" these posts. Being a fairly new blogger, this is a new one for me.



I am hearing...the slight hum of the computer and my fingers tapping on the keyboard. It is very quiet in the house right now.



Around the house...are many things that need organized. We are trying to purge so much stuff, but since we are still busy with finishing up our school year, I am short on time. So the excess stuff is just sitting there, staring at me.



One of my favorite things...homemade gifts. My children gave me homemade cards, and picture frames, a decorative box, jewelry and cards for Mother's Day and my birthday. I love to see how excited they are as they present them to me and tell me all about it.



A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: We have many places to be....Girls Club, Speech class, a final co-op meeting, a library run, a used curriculum sale and a birthday party outside the home. In our home we have some cleaning to do, school lessons to finish, and a Teatime to enjoy. And I still hope to work in the garden.



Here is picture thought I am sharing...

And thanks so much to Peggy, the creator of The Simple Woman's Daybook.
TTFN
~Tina

No comments: