Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook 2



If you'd like to participate with your own daybook, click here to join in the fun...



FOR TODAY May 29, 2008


Outside My Window...

the sun is shining on the crabapple tree and it's creating a beautiful pattern of sun and shadows on the ground. There is also a gentle breeze. It looks very inviting.


I am thinking...

of Alexa's recital this weekend. She was very nervous on stage at the dress rehearsal. Please say a quick prayer for her if you can.


I am thankful for...

this house. It is in a suburban area, but we are so fortunate to have our backyard face a strip of old woods. Even though it is only a strip, it is filled with birds, squirrels, rabbits and we even get an occasional turtle.


From the kitchen...

at the moment, nothing, but I will be making dinner in a few hours. What is dinner? I have no idea. What I was originally planning requires some things we don't have in stock, but I thought we did....oops.


I am wearing...

ankle socks, pastel striped capri jammie pants and a light green jammie shirt to match. Yes, it is after lunch and I am usually dressed way before now. But I need a shower and so now that Evan is down for his nap, that is where I am headed next. Then I'll be dressed......by 2:30 in the afternoon........wow.


I am creating...

a shopping list. We need many things at the grocery store (including dinner).


I am going...

upstairs to get a shower.....woo hoo!


I am reading...

Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Preschool Years by Elizabeth C. Hainstock


I am hoping...

the weather is nice for Saturday for Alexa's recital. The forecast is not looking so good at the moment.


I am hearing...

Taylor talk to a friend on the phone, and the clothes dryer.


Around the house...

we are making plans for summer. (VBS, vacation, trips to PA to see family, a visit from G-ma, library reading program, Alexa, John and Evan's birthdays and a new nephew due at the end of July!)


One of my favorite things...
the library


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

A trip to the library and grocery store, straightening up the house for a surprise visitor (we cleaned really well yesterday), finishing school for the week, a teatime for Friday afternoon (hopefully) and Alexa's Recital!


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Soaking up the sun!

TTFN

~Tina

No comments: