- I went to a used curriculum sale that our homeschool group held, and got a couple of really great buys including this book for only $2! (Happy day, happy day!) And these books, too for $4 total for the teacher and student books! It was also nice to see some friends there.
- Taylor went to a friend's sleepover BD party.
- John mowed and weedwacked the yard.
- I weeded most of the front landscaping, trimmed bushes and shrubs and put out fresh mulch (I still have another section to get to, though.)
- I put out a new garden flag.
- Alexa and Sky helped me in the yard for a while and Taylor watched Evan for me. Then Alexa and Sky played in the yard for quite a while.
- Pizza for dinner.....yum!
- The girls and I went to Mass for the feast of Corpus Christi and the weather was beautiful. We also got to witness more children receive Our Lord for the first time. They were so adorable! What a great day to make your First Holy Communion....on the feast of The Body and Blood of Christ.
- Relaxing afternoon, although Evan wouldn't nap. He eventually did around 3:30.
- We went to dinner at Logan's. It was nice and relaxing......and delicious.
- Kids and I went to Target to get new gardening gloves, a large pot to plant flowers in for the front porch and a new front door mat. Also, Alexa needed a new bathing suit (only around $8-yay!). And we were long overdue for some new beach towels and Target had them for $6 and they feel pretty thick and absorbant for the price......I'm loving our new Target!
- Took Taylor to meet some friends to swim for the afternoon.
- Got out the Slip-n-Slide and let Alexa and Sky have a ball (Evan was sleeping at first), but then he eventually joined in.
Here's some pictures of Slip-n-Slide fun!
Alexa took these pictures of Evan and I. She did a pretty good job, eh?I love this little swim outfit on Evan! The swimtrunks we got from another homeschooling mom who always thinks of me when her son outgrows his clothes. I really appreciate that! And the shirt was yet another Target buy for only around $8. And his sandals even match! My little blue-eyed boy looks so handsome in royal blue!
On a more serious note, we certainly don't want to forget what Memorial Day is all about. Below is a prayer for the safety of soldiers.
Almighty and eternal God,
those who take refuge in you will be glad
and forever will shout for joy.
Protect these soldiers as they discharge their duties.
Protect them with the shield of your strength
and keep them safe from all evil and harm.
May the power of your love enable them to return home
in safety, that with all who love them,
they may ever praise you for your loving care.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.
[Source: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops]