Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Waiting for Irene

Irene is chuggin' up the coast.  I am hoping and praying for the safety of those in the direct line of fire.  Sadly, there have already been some casualties in North Carolina. 

We here on the western outskirts of DC are under a Tropical Storm Warning.  So we made preparations, but we aren't going to panic.  No need.  I filled all of our flashlights/lamps with batteries.  Hard to find D batteries as of yesterday, but after 2 stores, we managed.  I thanked God for that one. 

We have 2 cases of water.  Not really sure why that's necessary for us, but we do drink bottled water even when we're not under the threat of severe weather.  So it will not be wasted.

 I have lighters and candles.  We have gas in our vehicles and plenty of nonperishable foods.  I also have charcoal for the grill in case the power goes out for a few days.  We'll be fine. 

I ran to the store this morning for some Tropical Storm Yummies......ice cream and cones, chips, and the makings for home made pizza.  Now we just wait and go on with life as usual.

I took some pictures on my way back.....


 Dreary and dismal, but rather uneventful so far.  I am not complaining.



 Uneventful is good.



So in the meantime, before Irene arrives, I thought I'd let the kids have a little fun.......










They got a little wet, but it was warm, so I'm sure they'll be fine.  Better than fine, actually, because they needed that little bit of fresh air and freedom.

It's been an interesting weather week here on the east coast.
Hope you are safe and sound, wherever you are.

TTFN
~Tina

 

1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

Looks like the kids had fun in the rain! Glad you were prepared, but even more glad you didnt' need it. Hope the rain stops quickly for you. We had another beautiful day today! But I had to take back some shoes and look for new ones so I walked at Pgh Mills. lol It was air conditioned which kept me cool. I don't like sweating when I walk or exercise, but it does happen sometimes. Thanks for sharing the pics!! LYAB! :)