- celebrate Alexa's 9th, Evan's 4th and John's 4o~something.... birthdays
- visit with my dad and his wife and my siblings and their families at my dad's house in the country
- participate in our church's first VBS in 10 years
- grow veggies in a container garden with the kids
- take the children bowling at least a few times on those hot hot days
- get the children signed up for our summer reading program at the library...then READ, READ, READ
- have a blast at the U2 concert in Pittsburgh with the best sister EVER
- spend the day at Kennywood with my kids, my mom and my brother and his family....(one time on the Thunderbolt and some Potato Patch Fries and my day will be made)
- go to the county fair
- help the children enter some of their art and handcrafts in the fair
- go to the theater to see some dollar movies with friends
- see the fireworks from a cozy spot on our blanket on the museum lawn. Have a little picnic there, too, and don't forget the glowsticks! Bring lots to share!
- create some rosary bracelets
- share some chapter books with Alexa (her reading to me) a chapter a night.
- catch fireflies
- make and eat s'mores
- grill out as often as possible
- Farmers Market!!!!!
- children start on Christmas gifts
- daily outside time, no matter how hot it is, even just for a little while.....vitamin D intake!
- make one trip to our local waterpark
- Sky and Alexa need to have a lemonade stand. Actually I need them to, as a necessary part of their childhood.
- Alexa gets to dance her little hip hop heart out at a local dance camp. She can't wait.
I kinda cheated on this list. Some of these can already be checked off. Alexa's birthday was so fun! Had a blast seeing everyone at my dad's! Yummy s'mores....enjoying the farmer's market and grilling out on the deck. etc. I took lots of photos and I hope I can post at least some of them. It's been a fantastic summer so far! It's been really hot and muggy at times and Alexa and Sky have both had bouts with illnesses. But summer isn't perfect, but it is awesome. And we are making as many living-in-the-moment memories as possible.
Hope you enjoy your holiday weekend! Make it special!