Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

My New Favorite Place

Our town has a farmer's market every Thursday and Saturday. We've never been, but I had heard it was awesome. Since we're on a bit of a health kick here, I wanted to get the kids excited about fruit as "treats". And when it comes to fruit and veggies, the fresher, the better. So we headed over to Old Town this past Thursday morning, after getting an oil change in my van. It was a hot, beautiful morning and our friend, the sun, was out too. :) The Saturday farmers market has more vendors, but also more crowds, so this was perfect for us. We came home with some really great yummies! We bought fruit, veggies, fresh whole grain bread and even some scones (yeah, that was Evan's pick). And I made the kids a very fresh, delicious lunch that day. We will be back! We'll probably do this weekly for as long as it's open. Don't you just love it when you discover something awesome right in your own backyard? :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a great day, everyone! And make your weekend special!
TTFN
~Tina

2 comments:

Grandma Jo said...

Wow - that all looks great! We have a Farmer's market at the Senior Center but I don't think it starts yet - maybe July. Of course, if I'm out Mike's way there's always Guinta's! Hope to try the one at the Senior Center as soon as it opens. Your lunches look delicious!! LYAB! :)

Tina said...

Thanks, mom! I hope you get to go to the Senior Center one! You can always come down here and go to ours. We don't mind sharing at all! ;)