Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Spontaneous Prayer

This is the first year that I've really made an effort to get Evan to understand, on whatever level he is capable of, what Jesus did for us and why Lent and Easter are so important.

He's responding well overall, especially for his age.

There are quite a few activities and books out there that really touch children at this age......more than I realized and I'm pleasantly surprised.

I hope to compile a list of what we have been reading and doing this year, and share it with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


After reading this story to Evan, we went to the desk to do some Lent activities. I was flipping through some holy cards and he saw this one and grabbed it. He looked at it for a second and said, "OH, poor Jesus!"

Then he set it down and did this. He stayed that way for 5 or 10 seconds. I almost felt bad taking a picture, because prayer is a personal thing, but I wanted to capture that moment with something more than my failing memory.

He didn't seem to mind. And we went on to discuss the picture some more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I feel like I'm beating my head against a brick wall when I try to pass on my faith to my children. But I can never give up.

The battle is too important, and it's not just me in the ring.

God is right there with me, reaching out to my kids in powerful, and sometimes unexpected ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a wonderful weekend!

TTFN


~Tina



No comments: