Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

***The Simple Womans Daybook***

For Today: January 18, 2010
Outside my window......it is dark and cold. Today it was almost 60 degrees and sunny! It was a rather beautiful Monday....especially for January.
I am wearing......some warm and pretty light blue flannel PJs, dark socks and of course my favorite white robe. I also have my hair down with a hairscrunchy around my wrist, just in case.
I am thinking......about my teen, and remembering what it was like to be a teenager myself. It was not an easy road for me, and I've always hoped the teen years would be a bit easier on my girls. But with the way the world is today, I think it might be harder.
I am hoping.......that their Catholic faith and a loving and supportive family will be enough to get my kids through the tough times of growing up.
I am going.....to try to start writing things down more. So many important things are floating in my head....things I need to do, people I need to call or email, forms I need to fill out, appts I need to make, etc. It goes on and on. I think I need to carry a little recorder around with me so I can just talk into it every time I remember something important. Eh, maybe not....I'd probably just misplace it. ugh
I am currently reading.....*sighs*
I am thankful for......some small changes I am seeing in my very stubborn, very active and somewhat aggressive 3 yr. old son. He is starting to think before he acts when he's angry. I am also thankful for Taylor for teaching him to say "silly" instead of "stupid" when he's upset at someone or something. I was just telling him not to say "stupid", instead of giving him a replacement word. Big sister's rock, especially when mommy is beyond frustrated. And by the way, he picked up "stupid" (which he pairs nicely with "punk") from a cartoon superhero show. It seemed innocent enough at first. Yeah, he doesn't watch that anymore.
This week.....is busy as usual....karate (3 times), dance, dentist appts and at least a couple of playdates. I almost wish for another snowstorm, so we would have an excuse to stay home and focus more time on school. But notice I said "almost".
Living the liturgical year.....I was hoping to start our teatimes back up. I might do that this week with the feast of Our Lady of Altagracia on Thursday. If I do, I'll do a post about it. :) The kids would be thrilled if I surprised them with that!
I am praying for.....so many people, but especially all those affected by the earthquake in Haiti. Such a devastating blow to an already impoverished country. Also thinking about and praying for an end to abortion. If I'm not mistaken, Friday with be the 37th annual March for Life and although we won't be able to attend, I'm hoping to watch some of it with my children on EWTN.
One of my favorite things......decaf coffee with Coffeemate French Vanilla Creamer in the evenings after dinner. I sip it all evening long and it helps me get through the winter months with a smile on my face. Okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration.
From the kitchen...the pantry and fridge are full thanks to a Costco run made by my dear hubby and my trip to Supertarget. Yep, we are all set for meals for the week, such as......Stuffed Pepper Casserole, Tacos, Pasta with Meatballs, Chicken Tortilla Soup, etc.
Around the house......I need to vaccuum and do some laundry. And I need to "red up" downstairs. (that's Pittsburgh talk for straightening up) ;)
Makes me smile.....the look on Taylor's face as we shopped for a dress and shoes for her first semi-formal dance. She looked beautiful and had a wonderful time.
Well, I'd share a picture thought, but it's late. Maybe I'll add it later.
TTFN
~Tina
Stop by Peggy's to see more daybook entries. :)

No comments: