Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Blizzard of 2009

This is some serious snow. The kids are loving it and I'm pretty excited too. At least I was until I got out there and saw the magnitude of the situation. The depth of this snow is intense and will take quite a while to dig out of. It's okay though. We only get these kinds of storms every once in a great while and they cause such excitement and bring the kids loads of joy!
It began last night, so before bed I took this picture looking out our front door.
And took this picture of our back deck.
Then this afternoon around 12:30 I took this picture of the deck. Yeah, that's a lot of snow.

I got the kids ready, bundled up and set to go, but before I did, I had to take this picture of Evan by the back door. This is not drifted snow....it's how deep it was.
There was no way to avoid it coming in when we opened the sliding glass door.
It was tough getting off the deck!

And poor Evan had so much trouble just walking! He kept saying, "Help me girls, I can't walk!!"

This gives you some idea of how deep it is.....
as does this....

Skylar was LOVING it!
Evan had fun, too, when he managed to stay upright.
When he did fall over, he just went with it...."mmmm, snow tastes yummy".
There's Taylor and her "don't-take-my-picture" hand up.

Look how intense this is!!! Our car and van are buried!
Poor Alexa had some trouble walking, too. And come to think of it, I think her hat is out there still, somewhere in all this snow. She's standing in that snow, btw. It is DEEP!
Crazy deep.
I think the kids are going to love the fact that the low temps will keep this snow here for a while. I, on the other hand have some more Christmas shopping to do. Plus, I really hate to miss Mass, especially on the 4th Sunday of Advent. At least the roadways should be cleared before Christmas Eve Mass. Yay!
Stay warm and cozy!
TTFN
~Tina

No comments: