Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer Boredom Buster #3 Fortune Tellers

Last week, when we went to the library, Skylar found this book.

She has been asking me to help her with some origami creations ever since. We have some origami paper in the garage, but she really only wanted to make a fortune teller today, and that doesn't need special paper. I remember making these when I was a kid! We followed the directions in the book and it was pretty easy.You can also find the directions online here.
Part of the fun for the kids, was deciding what fortunes to put inside. I personally like putting things like, "You will clean your room willingly tomorrow." or "You will cooperate for bedtime tonight." Those are my fave's (lol), but my girls chose differently. Kids can be very creative with the fortunes.....or just plain silly. Well, they have been having a good time with these ever since.

I have to warn you, though. By the end of the day, you might be kinda sick of hearing, "Pick a color, pick a number, pick another number".

TTFN

~Tina

No comments: