Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Following the Iditarod

Skylar's co-op group learned about the Iditarod for the second half of the school year. I must say, I learned from her because I was pretty clueless about this race. They learned about the dogs, the mushers, the town of Iditarod and Alaska. Then they followed the race as it unfolded. They even had a "musher of choice" to follow and cheer for. Her name is Melissa Owens and she was home schooled. And at the very last co-op meeting, each child did a presentation on something they learned. Skylar did hers on the dogs. She was nervous, but did well.
It has been another really successful and enjoyable co-op year. We have some awesome moms who make it all possible and I am so thankful that the kids and I are a part of it.
TTFN
~Tina

No comments: