Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Handmade Christmas~~A No Sew Fleece Blanket

This is for my 10 year old. It should fit her twin bed. It was so easy to make and took about 2 hours.
Looking at the pictures, you can pretty much see how to do it.
It was two pieces of fleece(2 1/2 yards each), back to back.
Then cut strips along the edge and tie them together. Easy peasy!
But soooooo warm, soft and cuddly when it's finished!

I chose this pattern for Sky because she is all about peace and love. And it happens to match her current bedding (the sage color), which was just icing on the cake.
I think she'll like it!

TTFN
~Tina

2 comments:

Aliadelaide said...

thanks for the tutorial! I've thought of making one of these but wondered how easy they were. Also do they wash well...the fringe doesn't get tangled? and finally(!) what thickness of fleece do you recommend.

Tina said...

Aliadelaide,
The smaller one I made last year washes fine. I'm sure over time it will possibly "pill" or not feel quite as soft, but so far, so good. As far as the type of fleece, I was actually more concerned with the pattern than I was with the thickness or type. I would go middle of the road on thickness. Too thick could be quite heavy once the two go back to back (my daughter's is heavier than I thought). And too thin would wear out faster, I'm sure. So glad you liked it and that this post was helpful to you!