Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, Saturday, June 14, 2008
Outside My Window...
It is dark, and wet, though I'm pretty sure all the storms have passed.
I am thinking...
About our trip to Pennsylvania this week for Alexa's 6th Birthday Party with our family. She has had parties with friends in the past, but after enjoying her little brother's 1st birthday party in PA with family last year, she decided that's what she wants this year. We will have it at my brother's house. He, his wife (who is expecting a boy at the end of July) and their 3 yr. old daughter are looking forward to our visit (and so are we!). These cousins play so well together. And Alexa is counting down the days!
I am thankful for...
Family....in this house, of course, and far away. Most of our family is near Pittsburgh, but my dad and his wife are in the central mountains of PA and John's brother and family are in Florida. We miss them all so much and can't wait to see them!
From the kitchen...
It's pretty quiet in there. We had dinner out tonight, so it's pretty tidy in there, too.
I am wearing...
Coral and white floral print capri jammie pants with a matching coral tank top. I also have on ankle socks and my cardigan sweater because I was feeling chilly. I'm wearing my glasses and I have a hair scrunchy around my wrist because I never know when I'll need it.
I am creating...
A birthday party for Alexa. The colors will be yellow and dark pink. We will have a couple of crafts for Alexa, Sky and Kyra to do (and maybe even Evan). The theme is flowers, and horses and summer....kind of a hodgepodge. I'm sure it will be just fine, though, because it's what she chose. And we've purchased everything that will travel well. But I need to remember to order the cake. I forgot to do it this past week. Eeek!
I am going...
To try to make tomorrow a enjoyable day for John. And I'm going to call my own dad, too, and wish him a happy Father's Day.
I am reading...
The American Girl books about Kit with Alexa and Skylar. We just finished book 2!
I am hoping...
That the van is fixable for a reasonable price. I couldn't get an appt. until Wed. and we are supposed to leave Thursday! It kind of hesitates over and over again when I accelerate. I want to get a new van eventually, but not now. It's so nice not having a van payment.
I am hearing...
John shuffling around in the kitchen. He just came down to have a bite to eat.
Around the house...
So much to do....purging, organizing, planning, cleaning and with this impending trip, that is all put on hold for...... packing.
One of my favorite things...
Family Parties!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Monday will be washing clothes, a little shopping and mailing the tests that Taylor and Sky completed, back to Seton. Tuesday, will be more laundry, packing, and Sky has a friend coming over. Wednesday's main purpose is getting the van fixed....and maybe going through the car wash and filling the gas tank (I'm sure that will be $70....yoy!). Thursday, we leave for PA.
Here is picture thought I am sharing:

Skylar was watching Evan for me, while I was in the next room making dinner yesterday, and together they made a sticker collage! Do these two kiddos look alike or what?!

TTFN

~Tina



No comments: