Pages

Friday, February 8, 2008

St. Brigid Teatime








A couple of weeks ago, we had a teatime to honor St. Brigid of Ireland. We read Brigid's Cloak which is a really neat picture book. We also decorated holy cards with blue paper and stars (like on her cloak). Then the girls made their own "cloaks". They decorated T-shirts with fabric markers. I baked a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting that we colored yellow (stars) and Taylor made a green sugar crystal clover in the center. We all had a nice time. We are still working on the teatime manners, though. They tend to get "silly". Maybe it's the sugar.




I know Evan is blocking Alexa's shirt, but it is just so cute how he is hugging her!


Oh, and I took a crack at making a St. Brigid's Cross. It wasn't too hard (with internet directions) and turned out OK. I just needed more pipe cleaners. Next time I'll try it with a more natural material.

No comments: