Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

In The Blink of an Eye

Well, what d'ya know?  It's mid December!  How the blazes did that happen?!  I want to catch you up, but I really am lacking time lately, like everyone else, I assume.  It's always such a delicate balance....living life and posting about it.

I don't like short-changing either one, but if I have to, it's gonna be the "posting about it" part that will have to fall short.

I am however, going to try to catch you up....a little at a time.

Here we go.

Halloween....it was a lot of fun!  It always is.  It's a favorite holiday of the kids (and John) for sure.
That's our rag doll, Darth Vader and Alice in Wonderland.



Thanksgiving was awesome!  It's my fave holiday for the mere fact that it's so chilled out.  It's family oriented and relaxed and cozy.  Did you know the word "cozy"is one of my favorite words in the universe? 


My mom was here.  I love that lady!  The food was great!  They say too many cooks spoil the broth (or something like that), well not here, baby!  We all pitched in and made a wonderful dinner and dessert.  Yum, yum, yummety yum!



Sky and Grandma Jo

Desserts were fantastic!  I love a good meal, but dessert has always been my favorite.  I am probably a horrible example to my children, with the amount of sugar I can consume.  But, I try to keep it in check.  ;)  It's hard, though, with this selection.
Smiley Face cookies brought from PA!  Yummaaaay
Sunday night, after a relaxing Thanksgiving weekend, we began our Advent with a festive drive through light show.

Everyone all cozy in the van?....yep!






It was a good way to start the Advent season, (along with Mass that we went to that Sunday morning) and it was wonderful to Grandma here with us!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Tuesday evening, Skylar had a karate belt ceremony and Grandma was here for that, too!


You wouldn't want to run into her in a dark alley.  She'd kick your butt!


Great job, Skylar!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then Grandma had to go home.  :(

It's always great to have her here....
Always hard to say goodbye.

Our Advent has been very busy, fun, exciting, full, interesting....etc. etc.
I hope to post more on that in the next few days.
Hope you are having a pleasant, peaceful, blessed Advent.
Have a great day!  Make it special!
TTFN
~Tina

1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

Great reporting, Tina. You just have a way with words and what to report. I'll have to remember that when you take pictures I could end up on your blog! lol Great pics! I had a wonderful time! Thanks for everything and making me feel so loved! Love you all, too! <3 :)