Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Saint Pio of Pietrelcina

I'm a day late posting this, but still want to acknowledge that yesterday was the feast of Padre Pio. He is one of my favorite saints. I can't exactly explain why, but I just look at this picture and wish I could have met him. He has such a gentle, humble, kind look on his face in every image I've seen.

Gracious God, You blessed Padre Pio with the five wounds of Christ Crucified, making him an inspiring witness to the saving love of Jesus in our world, and a powerful reminder to us of Your infinite mercy and goodness.

Through the heavenly intercession of St. Pio, I ask for the grace of...... (here state your petition). Help me, O Lord, to imitate Padre Pio's devout faith, prayerful holiness, patient forgiveness and loving compassion toward others. Amen.

No comments: