Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Birthday!


When we were kids, our television choices were quite limited. There weren't nearly as many stations and their weren't any channels devoted solely to children's programming. But of the few shows we had, there were some real winners. Most of my favorites were on PBS. There was the Electric Company, Mr. Rogers and of course Sesame Street. Most children today would probably shudder thinking of only having a few kids programs to choose from. They would probably wonder how we ever survived. Well, I think we survived quite well. I think I am better for it, actually. Today is the 40th anniversary of Sesame Street. I am thankful to have had Sesame Street to teach me and make me laugh all through my childhood and beyond. And although they have added some new characters, and changed the look quite a bit, the important things remain the same. And the show has been here for my children, as well. Thank you Sesame Street for being there for me and my children.
Oh and one more thing,
I'm glad you hit 40 before I did. ;-)
TTFN
~Tina

No comments: