Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

~The Simple Woman's Daybook~

For Today: October 26, 2009




Outside my window....it's cold and the sun isn't up completely, yet. It's not raining, but it's quite cloudy.


I am thinking... that I wish Evan would be quieter in the mornings, so as to not wake his dad. But little boys and quiet do not go together.


I am thankful for... Taylor's co-op classes. She especially enjoys the drawing class. And she's very good at it.


I am wearing... comfortable jeans, socks, a long sleeved red T shirt and a hairband around my wrist. My hair is down at the moment. When it's up, I get too chilly.


I am remembering...the time we spent with my dad and his wife recently. It was a nice trip, always is, but my dad wasn't feeling well, so I'm hoping he's feeling better now. We had a nice time visiting my grandmother, too. And as a bonus, I got to see my rather comical uncle. :-)


I am going... to take Taylor to co-op Science and Art classes....then to Target. Later this week, a few karate classes, dance class, stop by the church and possibly shopping for shoes for all my kids. I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting, but that's enough to think about for now, anyway.


I am reading...the Catholic paper that we get through our church, and Women's Day and Good Housekeeping Fall editions. I love FALL!


I am hoping...that this is a productive week, especially with school, but that our house doesn't become a shambles in the process.


On my mind... lots of things...too many things.....I'm a bit overwhelmed right now. Need a new van, many meetings and planning for Taylor's Confirmation and Alexa's First Holy Communion, planning for Disney, school planning(I'm behind for the week), another trip to PA soon (?) and these are the big things. The house needs red up and a good cleaning. Ugh. Oh, and laundry...always laundry.


From the learning rooms....we are keeping up with the basics. I won't allow us to fall behind there for many reasons. But we are a bit behind (according to myself) in the Africa studies. And the girls are missing this part of their studies. I've been pretty good with Evan, though and his Tot Schooling. He requests school every day!


Noticing that...Taylor seems much happier this school year.


Pondering these words.......found here. They are just what I needed to hear right now.


From the kitchen... tonight Taylor made Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry (with loads of yummy veggies) and it was served over rice. Later this week we'll have burgers and homemade fries (Taylor again), Green Pepper Casserole, Bruschetta Chicken and possibly homemade mac-n-cheese. I'll attempt to find the time to bake an apple pie, too. I bought the crust in hopes of getting to the orchard for fresh apples, but it wasn't in the cards. So I bought some apples at the store to make the pie.

Around the house....need to clean a bit and go through Alexa's clothes to see what hand-me-downs fit, and what we'll need to purchase. I should probably do the same for Skylar.


One of my favorite things........cinnamon bears. And the smell of cinnamon, too.


From my picture journal......

Taylor took this on our way to visit my dad and his wife. Love it. For more daybook entries, visit Peggy's.
TTFN
~Tina

1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

You are one very busy lady! But I hope you are enjoying each moment - esp the ones with the kids. Taylor sounds so much happier to me, too! (blessings) and she even chats with me on fb - blessing for me! Hope you don't get TOO overwhelmed. Hope everyone is well esp you and that you all stay well. Eileen has been very sick for a couple of days up at IUP. Maybe they've had the info on fb, but maybe they haven't had time for that (her and AJ-he's taking care of her). I'll let you know more as soon as I do. LYB Have a great day!