Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Simple, Quick, Easy and Inexpensive Yummy Meal

  • one box of Barilla Plus elbow noodles (packed with protein)
  • cheddar cheese (not sure how much, depends on how cheezy you like it) I use about 10 to 12 oz.
  • taco seasoning mix
  • 2 tablespoons milk

Make pasta according to package directions. Drain. Put back in pot. Place cheese (either sliced or graded) in with hot noodles, mix and cover. Let sit for a few minutes, then stir. At this point you can add the milk if it seems to thick to you. Sometimes I add milk and sometimes I don't. Add more cheese till it's the consistancy you like. Then add Taco seasoning mix to taste. SO yummy! Add some carrots on the side for a veggie and you have a simple, healthy complete meal. My kids LOVE IT! This will really come in handy on Fridays during lent. Enjoy!

TTFN

~Tina

1 comment:

Grandma Jo said...

OK, Teen - I'm back to your blog again. Wow, how do you keep up with this and Facebook, emailing and all the homeschooling plus housework! No wonder you are so busy and probably get little sleep! (and I don't get to talk to you on the phone much either) - but I'm busy too in my own way so that's part of the reason, also.
Looks like a delicious, simple recipe. I'll have to email you ones from my "nutrition program" with Curves. I don't think I'll be sticking with it. Too complicated. I need things more simple now. I'll just keep exercising as much as I can and limit my portions and snacks. I'll have to explain their technique to you some day (Curves). Have a great day! LYB